Beaver Home and Cottage Package Specifications
- Structure Support - Beam Posts - Adjustable steel posts as load requires, complete with metal bearing plate top and bottom.
- Wood Beams - 4-ply 2 x 10 S.P.F. grade stamped, kiln dried, dimensional lumber, or number of plys to meet required standards of construction.
- Floor Joists - 2 x 10 S.P.F. grade stamped, kiln dried, dimensional lumber. Sill plates supplied including foam gasket. Small cottage-type models may have 2 x 8 joists.
- Metal Joist Hangers & Mechanical Connectors
- Bridging - 2 x 2 cross-bridging between joists as required.
- Stairs � Premanufactured carpet grade curved stairs supplied where shown. Material supplied for all straight run stairs.
- Basement Furring Walls & Insulation � Moisture control barrier, rigid mineral wool insulation sheathing board, mineral fibre insulation batts, 2 x 4 S.P.F. grade stamped, kiln dried studs spaced at 24″ on centre with single top and bottom plate, and 6 mil poly vapour barrier (CGSB Approved).
- Floor Sheathing - 5/8" T & G standard plywood or 3/4″ T & G oriented strand board (OSB), adhesive supplied.
- Exterior Walls - 2 x 6 S.P.F. grade stamped, kiln dried studs spaced 16" on centre with 2 x 6 double top and single bottom plates, 7/16″ OSB exterior sheathing, 2 ply 2 x 10 S.P.F. lintels - grade stamped, kiln dried lumber.
- Pony (Knee) Walls - Supplied on split level, bi-level and grade level entry plans to include 2 x 6 S.P.F. grade stamped, kiln dried studs spaced at 16" on centre with 2 x 6 double top and single bottom plate with 7/16″ OSB exterior sheathing. R-24 batt insulation and 6 mil poly vapour barrier (CGSB Approved).
- Interior Walls - 2 x 4 S.P.F. grade stamped, kiln dried studs spaced 16" on centre with 2 x 4 double top and single bottom plates. 2 x 6 material supplied for plumbing and bearing walls as indicated on plans.
- Roof Sheathing - 1/2" standard plywood with ply clips.
- Roof System � Engineered, factory assembled raised heel trusses with metal connectors. Trusses spaced at 24" on centre. Includes gable end sheathing, miscellaneous framing and gable ladder material. Some models have additional dimensional roof framing lumber.
- Roofing � Limited lifetime architectural fibreglass shingles in selected styles and colours (IKO Cambridge AR, BP Mystique, or equivalent), pre-finished metal starter for roof perimeter, ice and water shield for eaves and valleys, synthetic underlayment for balance of roof, and all necessary flashings and accessories.
- Windows - High quality, white vinyl casement, energy efficient dual pane thermo glazed windows, including Low-E and argon gas to increase energy efficiency. All units include jamb extensions and nailing fins, plus all necessary hardware and screens. All sealed units carry a manufacturer's warranty. Windows supplied in pony walls and walkout walls as indicated on plan. Single hung and/or sliding windows will be supplied where shown on plan. All windows carry the Energy Star label.
- Soffit and Fascia - Pre-finished aluminum complete with all accessories.
- Vinyl Siding - In selected colours supplied for full exterior coverage, complete with trims. Strapping provided where vertical applications apply.
- Exterior Weather Barrier System - House wrap air barrier and header wrap complete with window flashings, door flashings, and sealant tape.
- Caulking - Supplied for sealing exterior wall plates, doors, windows and other applications as required.
- Ceiling Insulation R-62 batt insulation two-ply system. Insulation in cathedral ceilings will be supplied as specified on plan (minimum R-31).
- Exterior Wall Insulation Minimum R-24 batt insulation supplied for all exterior walls including pony walls. Expanding foam insulation for do or and window installations.
- Vapour Barrier 6 mil polyethylene vapour barrier (CGSB approved) supplied with acoustical caulking for sealing.
- Wallboard - Supplied for above grade applications. 1/2" drywall for walls and 5/8" drywall or 1/2" drywall and strapping, or 1/2" sag resistant drywall for ceilings, complete with sufficient screws, tape, joint filler and metal corner bead. Moisture resistant drywall included for all bathrooms.
- Primer Paint - Supplied for coverage of all drywall.
- Entrance Doors - Supplied as per plan including lites, sidelites, and transoms. Patio and garden doors where shown. Lites are thermal plain glass units. All units are prehung and ready for installation.
- Interior Doors - Pre-built, embossed, primed swing doors in selected profiles complete with jamb and stop. Matching bifold doors complete with jamb for closets, pocket doors included where indicated on plan.
- Interior Trim 4" primed colonial baseboards and 2-3/4" primed colonial casings.
- Closets - Coated wire shelving with integral hanging rod.
- Fasteners - Sufficient for framing, roofing and finishing.
- Door Locks and Hardware - Premium quality locks and passage sets supplied throughout. All exterior swing doors include dead bolt assemblies. Grip set provided for front entrance door. Interior door stops supplied. Door locks and hardware come with a Manufacturers Lifetime Warranty.
- Ventilation - Roof vents, gable vents, insulation stops, and vented soffit. Continuous ridge vents supplied on cathedral ceilings.
- Garage Packages All necessary framing materials for construction of garage included -2 x 4 S.P.F. grade stamped framing material at 16" on centre, 7/16″ OSB exterior wall sheathing, engineered truss system 24" on centre, 1/2" plywood roof sheathing, lifetime standard architectural fibreglass shingles in selected styles and colours complete with accessories, air barrier system, vinyl siding and accessories. 1/2" drywall supplied for walls and 5/8" drywall, 1/2" drywall and strapping, or 1/2" sag resistant drywall for ceiling, complete with sufficient screws, tape and joint filler. Minimum R-12 batt insulation supplied for all exterior walls. Minimum R-20 batt insulation supplied for ceilings. Windows and doors as shown on plan, insulated sectional overhead steel door, prefinished soffit and fascia. Note: Some models show optional garage packages.
- Ten complete sets of professional, top quality Home Building Centre blueprints Provided by our in-house Architectural Solutions Group. Home Hardware Building Centre blueprints feature more detail than most stock plan services, including floor joist layouts, roof layouts, cross sections and framing details. (BCIN certified in Ontario)
- Builders Risk Insurance is included with every Beaver Home or Cottage Material Package. Basic policy covers up to $500,000 of construction value and two million dollars of liability coverage.
Specifications are in accordance with National Building Code requirements. Insulation may have to be upgraded for electrically heated homes and for homes located in regions that have 5000 or more heating degree days. Changes to conform to provincial and municipal by-laws may be required. Contact your Beaver Home & Cottage Design Consultant for more information.
SPECIFICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Note: The renderings in this book are artists� impressions. They may show certain exterior finishes, decorative treatments, decks, railings, garages, decorative chimneys, fireplaces, masonry, skylights, screen porches or other optional items, which may not be included in our material package price. Ask your in-store Beaver Home & Cottage Design Consultant for details.
Exterior Finishes - The product supplied for the exterior wall finish on all Beaver Home and Cottage Material Packages is vinyl siding in selected colours. An additional charge may apply if changed to other exterior finishes.